- July 14 & 15 Saturday and Sunday 10-5 WEDGWOOD ART FESTIVAL- Seattle, WA
- 35th Ave NE and NE 89th in Seattle
- August 10, 11 & 12 2018 BAINBRIDGE ISLAND STUDIO TOUR, Bainbridge Island, WA
- Studio # 2 Dancing Spirit Studio
- Friday and Saturday 10-6 and Sunday 10-5
- This self-drive studio tour features the works of over 50
artists in a large variety of mediums where you are sure to find something for everyone!
Maps are available online or at
locations around the island.
- Nov. 30, Dec. 1 & 2, 2018 BAINBRIDGE
ISLAND STUDIO TOUR, Bainbridge Island, WA
- I will be at Studio # 3 The Masonic Lodge across the
street from the High School.
Additional events to be posted as they
- I am currently taking orders for commissioned garden
art and jewelry.
- Have a piece of china or pottery you would like to
incorporate into something special?
- Starting July 20th you can find a nice vareity of my
jewelry at MaJe Gallery in Edmonds, WA.
- May 5, 2016 featured in the Everett Herald http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20160505/LIVING03/160509616
- August 6, 2015 featured in the Eco Chic section of the
- On July 15, 2014 my work was featured on KOMO TV for a Green Living
- segment by King County Eco Consumer Guide Tom Watson
Artcycled Mosaics offers handmade, one of a kind upcycled mosaic
jewelry, garden art and home accessories. My garden art ranges from bird
baths, mosic fish, tables and outdoor friendly mirrors. My unique broken china
jewelry includes pendants, necklaces, earrings, rings, bracelets and belt buckles all hand
cut from upcycled and recycled china plates.
I love to transform cracked or broken plates, china
dishes and serving pieces into unique and new works, giving those old treasured items a
new lease on life with my broken china mosaics. My unique handcrafted mosaic
garden art is designed to enliven any garden setting. Distinctive birdbaths,
birdhouses, tables, jewelry, gifts and garden art are created, in the picassiette
style, with recycled tesserae (tile, pottery, broken china, glass and found objects) when
- I was thrilled to be featured in a short list of
environmentally friendly gift giving ideas for the holidays in the Pacific Magazine of the
November 24, 2013 Seattle Times.
- "For the gardener: Seattles Darcy Thompson
has created Artcycled Mosaics, a collection of upcycled jewelry, garden art and home
accessories. The pieces are made out of recycled materials such as broken china mosaics,
repurposed into new works such as bird baths, small tables and outdoor-friendly mirrors
that add a pop of color to any garden. Thompson brings her
work to art shows around the Seattle area. Check her website for her nearest show or order
My handcrafted garden art and jewelry
pieces make great gifts for weddings, anniversaries, birthdays, housewarmings or any
occasion for the garden enthusiast! I hope you enjoy your visit, if you see
something you are interested in please contact me for price and availability. Custom
orders are welcomed and can be designed to suit a particular theme, color combination or
special occasion. Turn around time depends upon the season and my current schedule.
- Special Projects
For the 2011 Northwest Flower and Garden Show I
had a blast working with Susan Browne Landscape Design to provide some fun and colorful
elements to her Gold Medal "Run Little Pigs Run" display garden. I created
some truely unique flowers for the entry to the wolf den as well as an assortment of teal,
orange and black flowers in front of the straw house.
- Ravenna Park Playground, Seattle, WA
- Installation Spring/Summer 2008
- This project features a large "Tree of Life"
medallion in front of a historic park building. In addition a mosaic butterfly,
woodpecker and turtle were installed in the new "tot lot" sandbox area.
- Click here to see
photos of this project.
- Judkins Park Apartments
Courtyard Art Project in Seattle, WA.
- Installation Spring 2006.
- Click here to see photos of
this fun project that turned a bland courtyard into an inviting, colorful and playful
||I generally work in a traditional mortar and grout process because
I feel that this process holds up the best for exterior pieces. I also do my own
welding and copper work and design many of the stands used to display my work.
- What does Artcycled mean?
- Artcycled is a name I came up with, and is now widely
used, to express my desire to utilize recycled, repurposed or reused materials when
ever possible. It also reflects the fractured nature of Picassiette pottery
or broken china mosaic which is the primary style of my mosaic garden art. Recycling or
upcycling items into new uses is a great eco friendly alternative!
- Recycle + Upcycle = Artcycle